Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cut and Paste...

Hmm... so what exactly is this "note" part of Facebook...is this like my personal blog space that I just realized I missed from my old MySpace days? I just recently logged back into my MySpace account... looked at some old pictures, some old friends, and they there they were... my old blogs. So I decided that I should read through them. I discovered that I forgot I'm really a pretty good writer. Not to toot my own horn, but I am :) I also discovered that some of those really good blog posts (at least in my opinion) were born out of some very dramatic and turmoil filled days in my life. I was brought down memory lane on some very sore subjects, but was also able to realize how cathartic that writing was for me. It's always interesting to see how many views I had on my posts, sometimes upward of 75+... which is kind of weird to me. Why on earth would 75 people want to read my ramblings about introspection and wondering... but I guess that's for them to determine. I wrote those blogs mostly for me... for a place to cryptically vent my inner turmoil and pain mostly, but also my curiosities, introspections and just random general observations of the world. My husband is always telling me to do something for me.... maybe this is the something for me I've been looking for... granted sitting in front of a computer screen away from my family might not be the best choice, but I think I'll give it a try, I'll try to find a happy medium in carving out a few minutes of time for me, without neglecting them. Like I said before, it seems a little bit like a personal journal to me, and I HATE journaling. I've never really done it, except when it was trendy when I was preteen/early teen but never for more than a few months at a time... something about a potential audience or telling my stories and thoughts to an actual person makes it more appealing... even if that audience isn't real :) So here, I go, trying something new... or old as the case may be. And I think its not just the writing and composing that I enjoy, but the typing as well... somehow it's soothing... maybe it takes me back to my early college days... yup total computer nerd girl here, loved to irc chat with lots of my friends... and I'm pretty sure that's where I learned to type so fast. Plus I just like to go back and read my own writing... lame I know.. and maybe a little on the obnoxious side, but hey we do what works for us right?
When I was reading some of my old blogs, I came across a few that were very moving to me, even now. They brought me back to a place where I remember every detail of how I was feeling, but they also brought a lot of perspective to my life now. There were also some good lessons in there, that retrospectively make so much sense, especially when you know the context of what was happening in my life at those times.... there are lots of people I know, going through lots of stuff right now that I want to share those words with! So, I think I will cut and paste some of those excerpts, and I hopefully the people in my imaginary audience will find them and realize they are for them.... naw, I'll be more proactive than that... I'lll make sure they see them.
Well here's to a new adventure and time filler for me, in a world all ready full of too little time... but we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment